School Survey Solutions
Five Survey Tools for School Marketing Research
Research by using surveys is a critical component of your annual enrollment and marketing plan. While you know this to be true, it is difficult to develop your own survey tool or to find a complete package to meet your needs.
Enrollment Catalyst has been conducting surveys for schools for the past decade. These surveys include a specific set of quantitative and qualitative questions to collect feedback from key groups as well as the opportunity for customization.
Your annual plan should include the following five surveys:
1–New Parent Survey (August/September) – As you begin a new school year, your new parents can provide a beneficial assessment of your enrollment and marketing processes and strategies. It is important to understand how your new parents selected your school and the process that they used to make their decision.
2–Net Promoter Score Survey (October/November) – Based on the ultimate question of how likely your parents are to recommend the school to a friend, the Net Promoter Score Survey will measure the strength of your school’s word of mouth. You will understand your score as a key measurement of your school’s health as well as areas that could improve the parent’s experience. This brief survey, conducted in the fall, will give you the direction you need to improve during the school year.
3–Parent Satisfaction Survey (Spring) – The parent satisfaction survey is a critical assessment, retention and marketing tool that provides convenient, confidential feedback to school leadership and stakeholders on an annual basis. Your parents are your primary customers and it is important to measure their experiences at your school. This survey will capture satisfaction ratings, plans to continue enrollment through graduation, and areas needed for improvement.
4–Employee Satisfaction Survey (Spring) – The employee satisfaction survey will provide an opportunity for your faculty and staff to provide feedback about their work experiences. Your faculty and staff are on the front lines and in order for your school to be healthy, your employee satisfaction is critical.
5–Exit Survey (Spring/Summer) – In order to understand the reasons for attrition and how you can improve your school to keep your current families enrolled, an exit survey should be part of your annual research. A confidential exit survey can be delivered to your non-returning parents to collect the feedback that you need.
By using these survey tools, you will benefit from the following:
- Eliminates the time, cost and hassle involved in creating, mailing and analyzing your own survey
- Provides annual measurements of quality improvement initiatives and trends
- Engages and empowers parents, faculty, staff and board in this assessment process
- Builds trust and confidence in your school’s standards and commitment to quality
- Improves your focus in your enrollment and marketing effort
Each survey is easy to use with our proven methodology and reliable results. Here is what you will receive:
- Conveniently implemented online, each survey is secure, confidential and easy to use
- Response rates and freedom to comment is increased by using Enrollment Catalyst
- Includes a core set of questions to assess perceptions and attitudes toward your school
- School leadership can customize, edit and add to the survey questions as needed
- Parents, faculty and staff are invited to complete the surveys through an introductory email sent from the head of school
- Additional reminder emails are sent to your parents to encourage participation
- Survey and results can be completed in as little as two weeks
- Response rate from other schools have averaged around 50%
- Data is compiled and presented in Excel and PDF files that can be distributed to the school’s leadership team
The cost for each survey is $750. If all five surveys are purchased separately, the total cost is $3,750.
By purchasing the five-survey bundled package, the reduced total price is $2,800.
This can be paid in two installment payments of $1,400 payable in August and in January. An additional quarterly payment plan is available in four installments of $700 in August, November, January and April.